Wednesday, September 05, 2012

All-Natural Raw Diet

After I completed my juice fast, I moved into an all-raw diet.  I have very little meat and dairy, and I rely on a raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds fare.

Of course, I allow myself a treat from time to time.  It was hard to resist my daughter's lemon coconut birthday cake last weekend!

What exactly do I eat?  Well, I posted a couple of dishes that I have fallen in love with.  Yes, each of these dishes is a meal for me, and yes, I am quite full afterwards.


Grilled Avocado

Take one half an avocado, sprinkle with a little sea salt and drizzle with olive oil, and then place it face down on a grill or skillet.
Grill the avocado for 3 - 5 minutes.
In the meantime, chop up a half a tomato, about a tablespoon of chopped red onion, and cilantro, mix together.
Take the avocado off the grill, stuff the cavity with the mixture of tomato, onion, and cilantro, and then squeeze a little lime juice over the top.



Spinach Mango Salad

I don't measure anything, so you might have to wing it.  It's not hard to do, obviously.  ;)


Wash, dry, chop up your spinach leaves.
Add chopped mango
Add crumbled feta cheese
And a bit of chopped red onion
Drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the top of the salad.
Mix it up and enjoy!
This is the most refreshing, filling salad!

In addition to my raw meals, I add a snack between each meal, and after dinner.  Sometimes I'll eat the other half of my lunch meal avocado for an afternoon snack, raw nuts or dried fruit, and my husband makes the best stove top popcorn.

I can honestly say, I didn't think I would ever find myself eating a mostly raw diet with a little meat on the side.  It's usually the other way around.  I am usually such a carnivore.  But I have never felt better in my life!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...