Friday, September 23, 2011

Dry Mixes

You know how much I love Mason Jars....

Since canning season is over for me right now, I seriously needed to fill my half gallon jars.  To see them sit empty, with no hope of canning until next summer, well, it just breaks my heart.  Even Mason jars need to feel useful.

Soooooo, I got the idea to fill them with some of our favorite recipes in a "dry mix" form.  Pancakes, fruit cobbler, corn bread and biscuits!  (I'm avoiding the cookies and cakes)  All we have to do is measure out the dry mix, add the wet ingredients, and we're good to go.  I'm thinking this will come in handy for those last minute guests and surprise visits!  Oh yeah, and it will make the idea of pancakes every morning, so much more tempting...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...