Thursday, September 22, 2011

Finding Joy

Did you know, that in the Bible, the word "joy" appears 165 times, and "joyful" appears 25 times?
Recently, I read a blog post encouraging mothers to be joyful in our everyday attitudes.  This is a subject that I've posted on before, pray for constantly, and struggle with daily.  A weakness in my character perhaps?  Pretty much. As the Lord has been dealing with my attitude lately, I have made myself aware of all the little things that bring me joy, rather than the little things that I allow to bring me frustration.  Being a mom of many, especially many little ones, it can be difficult at times to stay at peace and not get overwhelmed.

So, my next 30 day challenge for myself and to you is, find joy in the every day.  Find one thing each day that usually frustrates you or upsets you, and turn it into a positive thought, or expression of joy!  Some days it might come easily, other days it might take some prayer.  I am trusting that after a time, I won't have to think about being joyful, I WILL be joyful. 

I promise to post a verse a day on joy, just to hold my focus.  I know I'm going to need it!  Wanna join me?

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee."  Psalm 5:11

Here are a few things I have to be joyful about...















My cup runneth over.  :) 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...