Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fall!

I love Fall! It is my favorite time of year. I love the blustery days followed by crisp nights, the colors of the leaves, and the smell of the fireplace (in our backyard, of course). There is so much excitement with the coming of Fall Festivals, Holiday breaks and composing Christmas lists, how can you not be happy?!!!
I really enjoy watching my children's love for nature. God brings so many life lessons through His creation. "Why do the leaves change color? Why do the leaves fall? Why does everything die and then grow again in the Spring? Why do we have seasons? etc." I use those questions to try to parallel them to basic spiritual life lessons as often as I can. We recently studied the verse Galatians 6:7 in school. I found it inspiring because we've spent much time discussing the Fall season AND we've had much "sowing of the flesh". This verse has come in handy for "life instruction"! Galatians 6:7, Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. I read further into verses 8 and 9, For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. We've had many lessons lately on sowing good deeds and words rather than sinful acts and disobedience.
As I reflect on this season of harvest, I am thankful for the opportunity to instill Biblical truths in my children's lives through their exploration of nature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool idea, Tab. You are so cutting edge! Wow, who knew I had such a saavy, 21st century friend -who BLOGS!? I'm impressed. Mostly, I'll enjoy reading these, see the kids and you guys in photos, and hearing what is going on with the Findley gang. With five kids, I know it's never boring! HA! Seriously, it's a great idea for keeping all of us in touch with you AND I can see how it can serve as a personal record of your own family history. Pretty cool. Maybe we should all do this! Thanks for sharing. P.S. Will we get an email alert when new blogs are entered or do we just check back regularly? Rush

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...