Friday, March 09, 2007

It's SPRING!

I LOVE Spring! I know, I said that about Fall, too, but I always forget how much I love Spring when it's Fall, and how much I love Fall when it's Spring. Confused? Me too! I love the swollen buds on the trees and how everything is such a fresh bright green. All is new and happy and brings a vital reminder of the Lord’s goodness and mercy. We may have to endure the sleepy Fall and dormant Winter, but all of a sudden it’s Spring! The similarities to the seasons of our lives are numerous. I have been through many a long, dark, cold, winter season, and when I feel I can’t bear it any longer, I give up, throw my hands towards heaven, only to have it open up, sunshine spill over me, and the Spring arrives. A new beginning, a new phase of life. I also think it’s wonderful that we celebrate the resurrection of Christ during the Spring. What a great reminder of our new life in Christ! Because the price Jesus paid for our sins, we can be born again and begin a new life that leads to everlasting life with our Father in heaven. That’s so awesome!

Too deep for you?

OK, well how about the fact that I adore the vibrant blossoms, and chirping birds, and even the crazy games of tag the frolicking squirrels play among the trees. The happiness and joy the warm sun brings along with the cool breeze. Opening my windows to let the air in, only to stay outside all day. And, of course, Spring Cleaning!

Since we’ve worn out our yard over the last several days, I took the kids to the park in KW today. It seems that we are a bit behind up here and our trees aren’t as progressed in the bud bearing phase. So I was very excited to see so many blooms and buds and new leaves opening up! I’m afraid I took as many pictures of the new life as I did of my little ones.

So, before I sign off, I have a verse to share from Psalms that is appropriate for this post:
Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD.
Psalm 96:11-12

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...