Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Grandpa's Birthday

Yesterday was Grandpa’s 80th birthday! You would never know it by looking at him or talking to him. He’s spry and sharp and a wonder to talk to. So full of knowledge, advice, and Godly wisdom that can only come with the age of one who has lived his life in morality and integrity. I have never met a harder worker, or a more caring and generous soul, and I desire to have his strength in character, so that people would say of me one day that I was someone they could look up to. I know so many people believe so of him. God has blessed me with in-laws that I could never have hand picked on my own. I wouldn’t have done half as fine a job as the Lord’s graciousness to me and my family. I thank Him and praise Him for such a wonderful father-in-law who showed my husband how to be a Godly, righteous man.

The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him.
Proverbs 20:7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...