Monday, August 02, 2010

Oh my...

I knew I hadn't updated in awhile, but I had no idea how long it had been!  We have had a busy and eventful summer.  We've travelled some, been sick some, my business has been productive, and we recently found out that the Lord has blessed us once again with another set of twins.

As busy as this summer has been for our family, I can't help but share that Lord has brought us through many changes and growth during this time.  Admittedly, most of the changes have taken place in me.  Over the last couple of months, I have been in a quiet place, an introspective place, a place that only the Lord could guide me through and show me the inmost thoughts and desires of my heart.  I long to be a better wife, mother, friend, daughter......I fail at them all.  But God has revealed Himself, as he always does when we seek His will, and although it's a slow process, I am beginning to change, our family is beginning to change, and I see the blessings of His guiding hand.  He has revealed so many truths to our family and I am in awe of His goodness, mercy, and grace.  Thank you, Lord for the rough times in our lives, for I believe it is then that we know the true power of His might!

I love this hymn, and oddly enough, I heard it about five times during my stay in the desert. 

In shady, green pastures, so rich and so sweet,
God leads His dear children along;
Where the water’s cool flow bathes the weary one’s feet,
God leads His dear children along.

Some through the waters, some through the flood,
Some through the fire, but all through the blood;
Some through great sorrow, but God gives a song,
In the night season and all the day long.

Sometimes on the mount where the sun shines so bright,
God leads His dear children along;
Sometimes in the valley, in darkest of night,
God leads His dear children along.

Though sorrows befall us and evils oppose,
God leads His dear children along;
Through grace we can conquer, defeat all our foes,
God leads His dear children along.

Away from the mire, and away from the clay,
God leads His dear children along;
Away up in glory, eternity’s day,
God leads His dear children along.

As our pastor says, our family is moving towards holiness, not worldliness.  I praise the Lord for the changes He has made and I pray we will continue to follow in His truth!

God bless.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...