Monday, December 19, 2011

Dandelions???

You know those "weeds" that grow all over your yard and in the medians among the suburbs?  The ones that people spends countless dollars and endless time trying to get rid of?  Yep, those are the ones...


When I was a kid, I used to blow the heads off and watch the feathery seeds float away through the air.  OK, I still do that sometimes.  I loved picking the bright yellow flowers to use as a bouquet, or placing one above my ear as an ornament for my hair.  However, I've spent much of my adult life trying to kill off the annoying weeds........until recently.

Did you know that dandelions, a beneficial weed, contain many nutritional benefits, and are high in medicinal value?  For real.

For instance:
It's high in vitamins A, C, and K, also a great source of calcium and potassium
Regulate blood pressure
Gall Stones
Liver detoxification
Skin issues
Indigestion
Diabetes
Gout
Alzheimer's
Kidney Stones
the list goes on and on...

Is that crazy, or what?! 

As I type, I have an order out for dandelion seeds.  Seriously.

Now, if only there were nutritional benefits to dollar weed...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...