Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Lemon A Day?

I have to share something I found recently. A dear friend of mine lent me a few Above Rubies magazines, and as I've read through them thoroughly and enjoyed them immensely, I found a couple of articles that involve healthy eating and some wonderful finds for our bodies! I've done a little research of my own and found some wonderful benefits!!! Most of you know that I've switched to a MOSTLY healthy, organic, natural lifestyle. I have felt better than I have in a very long time, but every once in awhile I still feel a little off. Maybe a headache, or sluggishness. When I found this article on the awesome health benefits of lemons, I decided to give it a try and man, is it great! I knew a few things lemons and lemon oil were good for, but I had no idea all the many healthy attributes of a common lemon!

First, off, in this article, it states that most of us are acidic, and we need a mostly alkaline diet. A lot of times that is the reason you may have a headache, even chronic migraines. The most alkalizing food is a LEMON! Among their other benefits, they contain four times more vitamin C than oranges, they are good for the liver, relieve indigestion, heartburn, bloating, and belching, purge our bodies of toxins, they are antiviral, antioxidant, astringent, antifungal, an immune stimulant and diuretic. They contain limonoids that prevent cancer cells from spreading. They cleanse the lymphnodes, aid in healthy skin, and increase blood flow, they're helpful with anxiety and depression, water retention, and uric acid (those of you who suffer with arthritis), and lower cholesterol. They have a high mineral content containing 48% potassium and 29% calcium.

Drink lemon water and test your PH levels. You can easily find PH test strips online and in health food stores. Add a little lemon juice or lemon oil to your water, especially in the morning. If you can get in a glass of lemon water, even before your morning coffee, that's the best time to do so. It helps properly cleanse your body. BTW, I have a lemon tree in my backyard. It has been super easy to take care of. I have it in a pot and this will be the first year I'll get lemons! So, you can easily grow your own organic lemons (although it may take about three years to get a harvest).

OK, the other discovery in this wonderful mag is Red Palm Oil. I just got an order in today, but haven't had the chance to cook with it yet. This stuff is amazing! I couldn't believe all the health benefits and it's a FAT! I found information on many websites and all stated the same facts; it is recommended we have one tablespoon per day to improve our health. Can you imagine being told to eat oil or fat! This oil is the richest natural source of tocotrienols which inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells. The content in red palm oil is three times more powerful in hindering the growth of cancer cells than a very popular drug used in cancer treatment! It is naturally rich in vitamin A and E, it contains no cholesterol and raises your HDL or "good cholesterol" and lowers your LDL. Stroke victims or individuals with a history of them in their family must have this in their diet! It keeps the blood thin and free flowing, dissolves dangerous arterial plaque that can lead to heart attack. It's high in antioxidants that prevent and eat up the free radicals that are instigators of Alzheimer's, senility, rheumatism, heart attacks, arthritis, asthma, Parkinson's, cancer, spinal muscular atrophy, macular degeneration, and stroke. It can also trim body fat by 27%, reduce risk of diabetes by 58%, rich in retinal for great vision, rich in beta carotenes, no carbohydrates, prevents ageing, and an excellence source of energy!

Whew!!!

I know it's a lot to read, but I had to share the amazing benefits I have been introduced to! Make sure your lemons are organic, and the palm oil comes from a reliable source. I purchased mine from http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm.

If you want more info, I found these websites helpful:
http://www.quantumbalancing.com/news/lemon%20water.htm
http://health.learninginfo.org/health-benefits-lemons.htm

Happy Health!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...