Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Autumn!

Fall has arrived. I know I've mentioned in many posts before that Fall is my favorite season. There is something about the fresh, cool air after a long, hot summer, and the excitement that brings in the holidays ahead. As I sit here under my open window with a light autumn breeze blowing in, I am aware of the change in the air. It seems appropriate since I have encountered so much change in my life lately. When the Lord shows me truth and convicts me of my lifestyle, He usually does it big. Never small steps, but big ones. I am a purger by nature, it works for me. :) Fall ushers in a sleepy stage in which all becomes dormant and still for a season. This season in my life, when my attitude is changing, my convictions are changing, and my outlook is changing, will hopefully allow me a season of rest. I have found new freedom in my submission to the Lord and to my husband. Submission and obedience that I had believed I already walked out, but found I was so much in error. I thank the Lord for bringing me into this change, and I pray I always remain teachable and pliable.

Psalm 116:7 "Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee."

1 comment:

GammySel said...

Dear Tabitha..
I love fall as well. And you have not experience a true fall until you have ridden through states like Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania, where the trees are array of oranges,and reds. It is so breath taking. The air is cool, with NO humidity,some mornings so cool you smell wood burning, from wood burning stoves. I love this time of year..

Blessings
Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...