Thursday, August 25, 2011

How Do You Do It All?

As a homeschooling mother of many, with a small business, and four little bitties, I get asked many questions.  All the time.

How do you do it all?!
How do you find the time?!
I just don't see how you could get anything done.

OK, that last one wasn't a question, more like an accusation.  At least, that's how it seems.

I'm going to be very honest with you.

I don't know.

Without the grace of my merciful Father, I can't and don't it all.

Some days are easy and everything flows peacefully, and there are days that you might find me hidden in the pantry with the phone, just in case I need to call for help.  There are great, productive days when I believe my life, children, house, schooling, marriage, and business is perfect.  Running smoothly.  All is well with the universe.

And then there are "those" days.  The ones that begin as a slow train wreck and it just gets worse, but you can't help but watch....

Thankfully those are far and few between.  But on those days, I have learned to find a place to go, for just a few minutes, and pray.  Spend a moment or two asking the Lord to give me the strength to make it until bedtime.  Otherwise.......I will explode.  If not for the peace I can find in that short amount of time, I will not be a happy, positive mommy.    Try as I might, sometimes life can get overwhelming.  It doesn't matter if you have 2 children or 20 children, it happens.  Thank the Lord He is always there for me.

The Lord has blessed me with these amazing children, blessed me with the opportunity to teach my little ones at home, and blessed me in my business.  I cannot take any of the credit.  It is HIS alone.

What are some things you do to rest in Him?  Where does your peace come from and how do you handle life's little mishaps?

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...