Boy, if I hear that again, I may scream. Besides it being hot, it's dry. Never has a combination existed in Houston before. I'm pretty sure.
So, instead of complaining about the heat, I've tried to come up with 10 positive things to say about this wretched weather. (OK, I had to get a complaint in...)
1. NO mosquitoes! At least not very many. Even though I can't enjoy the outdoors, it's nice to know the mosquitoes don't either!
2. Lack of humidity. Usually around this time of year, it is so steamy that you can barely breathe. The great outdoors is your own personal sauna.
3. Thanks to the dry air, my clothes dry quickly on the line! And they don't sour!
4. Every day is a great hair day. Unless of course you begin to sweat. Which pretty much happens from the front door to the car.
5. No mildew. None. At all. Weird.
6. I'm using up all of that lotion that is usually just sitting around. Dry skin. Unusual for me.
7. Sunshine has been abundant. Hot and bright, but abundant and cheerful.
8. Our fig tree is thriving. Apparently it likes it hotter than...well, you know....
9. Our lemon tree is thriving. Yeah, I could have added that above, but needed one more positive thought.
10 I got nothin'
So, I couldn't come up with a full 10, but that's the best I could do. Not bad, considering.
"God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;" Psalm 63:1