Friday, July 29, 2011

The Homeschool Conference

Our annual THSC conference is this weekend.  We usually attend as a family, but this year, I went alone.  Alone as in the twins, oldest dd, and myself.  How did it go, you ask?

I got lost getting there

I had only been there about 15 minutes before spilling coffee down my blouse and there weren't any kids around to blame it on

I was stopped at least 4 times upon entering to be asked if I had twins

Each year, I am stopped and told I cannot bring my double stroller in.  This year was no different.  Hello, I have twins.  That's two babies.  Yes, one more than normal people have.  I need a double stroller.  I'm glad that I could give the teen staff their power fill for the day.  Now, may I speak with someone in charge?

I had to pay $11 to park.  Yes, I know there was free parking, but as I said before.....I got lost...

The good news?  I enjoyed visiting with homeschoolers from various cities and other states, chatting with moms with like-minded beliefs, and being encouraged for the next school year.  I always enjoy going and always leave excited for the next school year to begin.  What a blessing it is to have the great opportunity to home educate my children.  I thank the Lord I am free to make that choice!

My favorite question of the day?  As we were leaving, a gentleman stopped me and asked "What's going on at the Marriott with all the young moms and babies?"  Um, thank you for referring to me as a young mom, and to answer your question, it's a homeschool conference.  We just believe in starting them young.  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...