Saturday, July 23, 2011

Canning

The family and I have been on a canning spree.  What better way to enjoy the Lord's blessing of the harvest long into the winter.  And jams and preserves seem to taste even better when your own hard work is involved!   Sure, I could run to the grocery store and buy my own jar of grape jelly, but where's the fun in that?!  ;D  Besides, I know exactly what's going into these jars and it's all natural.....and maybe a little sweat...


Fig Preserves (from our own tree):




Strawberry Jam:




Strawberry Preserves:



Sneaky:



Strawberry Fig Preserves:




Grape Jelly:




Just one more reason why I can't get rid of this baby fat:



Psalm 34:8  "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...