Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Organic Coffee Creamer

I shared a link awhile back from Deliciously Organic, featuring DIY coffee creamers.  Well, I've been experimenting and so has my waistline...

Pumpkin Spice Creamer, for the Seasonal Starbuck's lovers:




Cinnamon Strudel, Chocolate Almond, Peppermint Mocha, and Vanilla!

All are made from organic ingredients.  I even made the vanilla flavor myself from a vanilla bean!




My house smells goooooooood.

The Pumpkin Spice creamer was the most difficult as far as straining goes.  You don't have to strain the cream, but I don't really like all of the spices floating around, nor did I want clumps of pumpkin in my coffee!  I also used 3T of organic sugar rather than the maple syrup.

I used 3T of organic sugar in the place of maple syrup for the chocolate almond and peppermint mocha as well, but I used it in the other two.  I really like the flavor of vanilla and maple syrup together.  Also, instead of peppermint extract in the peppermint mocha, I used 15 drops of Young Living peppermint oil. 

In case you missed it, here is the link:  http://deliciouslyorganic.net/homemade-coffee-creamer/

Be careful, it can be addictive!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...