Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Day 30 of Joy

I know I promised to post my last post on Joy, yesterday, but aside from a teething baby, a large boutique order, and life in general, there was little time to type.  Sooooo, today is a new day.


How did your 30 days of joy go?  What did you find difficult?  Did you have to remind yourself to be joyful, stop and pray about your source of joy, or were there times it came to you easily amidst the turmoil of the day?


I have times of difficulty.  When I find myself with a teething infant, a trying three year old, an obnoxious boy, a wild child, an emotional pre-teen.........it can be a bit rough to find joy in those days and moments.  When I want to hide, vent to hubby, or plop down on the couch exclaiming "I just need a moment to myself!"  It's not easy to hide my frustration sometimes, and seeking joy in the "less-than-lovely" days can be trying.


Those are the days I need a hug, a word of encouragement, or just to go to the bathroom by myself....


"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing."  Zephaniah 3:17


I love that verse.  When I have overwhelming and tiresome days, The Lord is mighty, I can rest in His strength and His love.  He joys over me with singing!  What?  The Lord finds joy in ME?  He rejoices over ME?  What an humbling thought.  That the Lord can find joy in my insignificant life.  Me, a sinner, a frustrated mother, an imperfect wife, a selfish daughter, and an unworthy friend.  Praise the Lord for His mercy, and unfailing love.  Without it I would never have true joy!  Joy in a weepy girl who just wants a mom's hug.  Joy in a teething infant who just wants to cuddle.  Joy in a busy toddler who just wants mommy to read to them.  Joy in an active boy who just wants mom's adoration.  Joy in a talkative teen who just wants mom's approval.  Joy in a husband's work who just wants companionship.  Joy in busy days because the Lord has provided so much for this family.  Joy in waiting because patience produces perfect timing.  Joy in the little things because they can soon become big things.  Joy in salvation because the Lord is far more gracious than I deserve.


Isaiah 61:10  "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels."


Where does our joy come from?  From the Lord.  Not from things, children, husbands, jobs, church, abilities, but from the Lord!  Place your trust in Him.  Lean on Him.  Rest in Him.  There you will find joy.


Psalm 16:11  "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...