Friday, February 24, 2012

On Proverbs 31

I have an "observation" about the Proverbs 31 woman...

She had servants.  Of course she's amazing, she had servants!   I could be equally amazing if *I* had servants...

And then it happened.  My washing machine broke.  Determined to not buy another one, because surely I could Proverbs 31 my way into capably washing all of my clothes (and cloth diapers) by hand, I stubbornly refused investing in a new machine. 

The kids and I hand washed, with the help of my awesome washer plunger, all of our laundry.  It was fine for the first few days, and then I found myself getting behind.  The hardest part of it all was wringing out the laundry.  It seemed like no amount of twisting and wringing by hand got the clothes any drier.  We would spend an hour or two a day, just doing laundry, and all of this while it was really rainy outside.

 Um, that lasted all of 3.5 weeks.

It was then that I realized, I DO have servants.  No, not my children, smart-aleck, BUT, I have a dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, water heater, vacuum cleaner, wheat grinder, blender, indoor plumbing, etc.  Even if I were living more primitively, I'd have a washboard, hand wringer, wood stove, hand blender, hand grinder, work horses and such. 

Let me tell you, I for sure felt like a Proverbs 31 woman for those 3.5 weeks, but I was so appreciative when my sweet husband went out and bought me a new washing machine last weekend.  Talk about a relief and a blessing.  I have been thanking the Lord for my "servants" all week.  And thank you Proverbs 31 lady, for making the perfect woman seem a little more attainable.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can get out of verse 26.  Oops, did I say that out loud....?

1 comment:

StacyA said...

oh girl, you have no idea how much this ministers to me this week. Thank you for writing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...