Friday, May 25, 2012

I've Kicked the Habit

A few years ago, I went on a sugar free diet.  I lost weight, felt great, and never had a sugar craving - EVER.

Enter twins #1.

I have no idea how or when I succumbed to the lure of sugar, but it happened.  And the sugar fiend stuck around until after the twins #2 were born.  This time, after having the babies, my body didn't find it's way back to normal, and I felt miserable.  I knew I needed to kick the habit, once again.

As of about four weeks ago, I am sugar free.  I feel great, no cravings, but the weight hasn't come off so easily.  I'm too old for melting away fat, I guess.  I am exercising, but it has been limited.  Something about having a baseball team to keep up with....

I owe the lack of cravings to the Lord.  I knew I wanted out, but I also knew I couldn't do it all on my own.  Especially in the beginning.  When I made my mind up to quit, I prayed and asked the Lord to remove the cravings from me and help me take back my healthy approach to food.  Which has now propelled me into my all-organic eating habits once again.

Yes, I still use honey from time to time, and if there is a birthday, I might have a small piece of cake, but I have no desire to go back to my sugar habit.

In order to remove what might be temptation, I did have to ask my daughters to take it easy on the desserts.  We've decided to reserve sweets for special occasions, like birthdays and company, and I really don't have a problem turning the offered dessert down.

I promise I'll share more in the future on this subject.  People ask me all the time how we manage to afford healthy food on a limited budget, and with a large family.  A topic I love to address.

Until next time, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...