Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Thieves Essential Oil




This is one essential oil I am never without.

Thieves oil is a blend of five essential oils: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus Radiata, and Rosemary essential oils.  If you aren't using it as a disinfectant, this blend is great to diffuse.  

There is a legend behind the Thieves blend.  And as the facts of legends tend to vary, you may have heard a rendition before.  The story I heard goes like this.  (very short version)  There were four thieves (or spice traders or spice merchants) who understood the potent protective powers of herbs and spices.  They made a concoction of the five spices and herbs in the Thieves blend in vinegar and put them on their body.  The plague struck, people died in the streets, and the thieves made their way through the towns, covered in their vinegar oil blend, and basically pick pocketed dead bodies.  Supposedly they never caught the plague.  Interesting, right?



How Our Family Uses Thieves Essential Oil

We have used Thieves as a cleaner, in toothpaste, and deodorant.

The powerful cleaning abilities of Thieves makes it a handy oil to add to your natural cleaners.  We fill a spray bottle with 1/2 white vinegar, 1/2 distilled water, and several drops of Thieves oil.  I use it to spray down counters, toilets, bathtubs, and kitchen table.   I also add it in my mop water, and put a drop or two in my toilet.  I have also put a couple of drops on my throw rugs in the bathroom and kitchen.  It leaves a nice, clean, cinnamony scent!

We gargle with a couple of drops of Thieves oil diluted in a little water.  It supports a healthy mouth, gums, and throat.

My family takes Thieves oil internally.  I put a couple of drops of thieves and a couple of drops of honey in a gelatin capsule and swallow.  We take this to support our health during seasonal illnesses and to help encourage a healthy immune system.

Diffusing it?  Of course!  I love the cinnamon smell, which is the strongest to me.  We especially like to diffuse Thieves in the fall.  It has a holiday seasonal scent!

Disclaimer:  Again, I am not allowed to share with you the full benefits of Thieves oil to our family.  Do some research and decide for yourself how this amazing blend can fit into your family's lifestyle.  Also, Thieves can be kind of hot on the skin, so be careful and you should consider diluting with a carrier oil before applying or taking internally.  And as always, please consult your doctor especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications.

If you have any questions or are interested in learning more about Young Living Essential Oils, please feel free to contact me!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...